After building over 50 drz400 dual sports and selling thousands of drz400 products we got the parts list dialed on what’s truly needed (engine mods/suspension upgrades wise) to get a Drz to hang with the competition. Yet, staying at a price point that’s half of other dual sports in its class and still retaining that renowned reliability. First will talk about the last 10 years of supermoto builds we’ve completed then compare to the final drz400 build and show what we’ve changed, improved, and learned over the 15 years of drz400 riding, abuse, and review the fully upgraded drz400 compared to other bikes in its price range! Here’s a teaser video & pics for now. Drop any comment below to follow this thread post for updates on the full drz400 build list thread coming soon!
Drz400 mods list – Upgraded drz400sm parts build list from OEMdirtbikeparts
- Keihin 41mm carb – 30% increase with a stock engine!
- Brembo front master – 16mm
- Wide Rm250 pegs
- 5000 lumens light – Baja Designs
- OEMdirtbikeparts tail light
- Larger Rear Shock Bladder and Adjuster from Showa
- 11mm Nissin master
- Floating Braking rotors
- Fork wrap
- JE piston
- E Cams & High Comp Base Gasket
- Ease Pull Clutch Perch
- Brembo Front Caliper
- Lipo battery- saves 5 pounds!
- Kick Stand Strap
- RS-2 Pipe best when paired with 41mm or larger carb.